Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thoughts on this exercise

I'm enjoying this exercise and mostly feeling productive. Thus far, I feel like I've got the first versions of a few different pieces completed. But, that's where I trip myself: the first version. I've built this great exercise where I create lots of material...but I don't have an exercise for polishing it and making it fit for sharing.

I mean, I'm sharing. This is a public blog. It does keep me accountable. And, to be honest, I'm writing this post the day after it was due and I changed the date to make it reflect yesterday...because yesterday I got sidetracked. I got busy. I had things in mind and I started to revise other things. And it got me thinking about this project and how to do this AND revise pieces. And, does it require the same type of energy?

Is it possible to produce new material and revise "old" material on the same day? I'm sure it is. I want someone to tell me it is. And then I want someone to tell me how, but be very very kind about it. I haven't figured it out yet. I haven't worked that muscle in A LOT OF YEARS. If it's even the muscle I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment